How Furthering Education Grows Real Estate CareersPDH Staff
For those who have interests in furthering their real estate career, the idea of continuing education may have come to mind. While certain requirements are already in place for holding a real estate license, there are additional methods whereby you can learn how furthering education grows real estate careers. There are many strategies worth exploring regarding real estate and continuing education including adding certificates to your title, as well as going back to college.
Benefits of Additional Certifications
It doesn’t matter if you choose to attend classes in person or online, the choice to continue your education through the addition of certifications is beneficial to your real estate career. By obtaining these credentials, you’ll see a higher rate of lead conversions. Some examples of additional certifications include:
- Accredited Buyer Representative
- Accredited Land Consultant
- Accredited Residential Manager
- Certified International Property Specialist
- Certified Property Manager
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager
- Certified Residential Specialist
- Military Relocation Professional
- Seniors Real Estate Specialist
Benefits of Higher Education
Even if you have a Master’s in your chosen field, it will behoove you to obtain a Master’s Degree in Real Estate or attend a Graduate Program in Real Estate & Property Management. This additional education not only gets your foot in the door with your company of choice, but high-level executives who may not have given you a chance previously may give you a second look. Here are several lessons you can take from the benefits of real estate and continuing education:
- Become an Investor: if you’re interested in becoming a property investor, you have a better chance when continuing your education. Also, to your ability to qualify for the loan when investors see your degree in your credit history. There may be no need to validate your work experience.
- Develop Purchasing Power: when you’re ready to purchase a home for your family, you’ll have a better understanding of the legal implications associated with the sale. It’s critical to know about tax law, mortgages, and other financial matters when purchasing real estate. Continuing your education provides you with this purchasing power and ensures you won’t incur unnecessary debt and when the time comes, you could potentially flip this investment.
- Start a Firm: when you have enough experience and education, it’s possible to break off from the company you’ve been working for and start a business. This effort does require you to develop a client base, as well as for you to have substantial confidence in your capabilities because education alone isn’t enough.
Final Thoughts about Growing Real Estate Careers
There are many ways to approach growing your career in the real estate field. It depends on how far you want to take it – do you wish to advance within the company you’re working for, or do you have interests in starting a brokerage? Determining your goals is the first step in the process and, once you do, it’s easier to decide if additional certifications or a degree is the best choice.
Are you ready to learn how furthering education grows real estate careers? Contact us for more information.