A recent survey conducted by the National Association of Realtors revealed that less than half of realtors, about 44 percent, are currently utilizing drone technology in their work. Of the remaining 56 percent of real estate agents not using drones, about 18 percent were planning to use drones in the future. Many factors contribute to drone use, from age of real estate agents to technological expertise. Will the use of drones expand in the years to come? All signs point to yes.
Age & Experience with Drone Technology
It may appear that the median age and years of real estate industry experience are dipping as new professionals enter the market, but this does not mean that these new real estate agents are any less resourceful. Real estate agents are entering the field much earlier than they have in the past, and continuing education requirements keep them learning fresh perspectives.
While most real estate agents may not be using drones, 18 percent claimed they had plans to use them in the future. Additionally, another 12 percent of those surveyed by the NAR claimed that at least one professional in his or her office used drones, and a similar percentage had hired professional drone photographers in the past.
It is true that younger generations tend to latch on to new technology more quickly than older ones. This is not to say that more established realtors will not find drones useful. Younger real estate agents may be more likely to introduce drone technology to an office, giving the entire firm a boost.
Drone Technology Gives Real Estate Agents Perks
The videos created with drones can certainly give real estate agents a competitive edge. Some people, especially those who live far away, are not going to purchase a home without properly inspecting it. Additionally, drones make it easy to assess property lines and potential damage.
Drones Will Become More Affordable
As prices of drones drop, more real estate agents are apt to purchase them. Additionally, the prices of drone photographers will drop as well. As drone photography becomes more attainable, real estate agents will take advantage of it, providing clients with a better understanding of property and structures.
Drone Photographers Are Gaining More Experience
It used to be that drone photographers were inexperienced and that the quality of the photos they produced was poor. Today, photographers and drone technology have both come a long way. You can receive crisp, clear images and video with even a basic setup.
Ultimately, drones are simply another tool a real estate agent can keep as a resource. To learn more about incorporating technology into your real estate career, consider continuing education courses. Contact us for more information about ways you can give you career a boost.