How do these correspondence courses work?
If you received one of our correspondence booklets in the mail and you are ready to take your final exams online, follow the steps below. You can also download the course PDFs below if you don’t have a book.
- Purchase each course you would like to receive credit for. You can purchase individual courses or you can purchase the 16 hour bundle for only $59! Or the Broker Renewal Bundle for only $89!
- Take the final exam for each course you purchased by selecting the link that was emailed to you in your receipt. The link will take you to the exam where you will be prompted to enter your name and licensing information, and then you can begin. Please note that all final exams must be passed with a score of at least 75%. If you do not pass on the first attempt, you may retake the exam at no additional cost.
- Print and save your certificates of completion. Your certificate will be available to you as soon as you pass the exam. Your hours will also be reported to the Virginia Real Estate Board within 2 business days.
Save with our Course Bundles!
Salesperson Renewal Bundle A
The bundle will meet all renewal requirements for SALESPERSONS.
The 16 hour bundle includes the following courses:
- Real Estate Ethics & Conduct – 3 hours
- Fair Housing Made Easy – 3 hours
- VA Law, Agency & Contracts – 3 hours
- Green Housing Essentials – 3 hours
- Broker Management: Analyzing the Finances – 4 hours
Individual Correspondence Courses
|Course Title||Course Approval|
|VA Laws, Agency, and Contracts||0214021398||3 Hours|
|Real Estate Ethics and Conduct||0214021396||3 Hours|
|Fair Housing Made Easy||0214021389||3 Hours|
|Broker Management: Analyzing the Finances||02142021395||4 Hours|
|Broker Management: Establish & Maintain a Successful Brokerage||0214021387||4 Hours|
|Green Housing Essentials||0214021386||3 Hours|
|Double Trouble: Antitrust & Misrepresentation||0214021388||3 Hours|
|Real Estate Agent Safety||0214021394||3 Hours|
|Real Estate Finance||0214021397||3 Hours|
|Real Estate Pricing||0214021583||4 Hours|
|Successful & Compliant Advertising for Real Estate Agents||0214021585||4 Hours|
Important Information for Virginia Salespersons and Brokers:
- All real estate SALESPERSONS in Virginia must take 16 hours of continuing education every two years in order to renew their license. You must renew your license by the anniversary of your initial licensure date.
- Included in the 16 hours must be 3 hours of Ethics and Conduct, 2 hours of Fair Housing, 1 hour of Legal Updates, 1 hour of Agency, and 1 hour of Contracts. The remaining 8 hours may be elective courses approved by the Board.
- PDH Academy’s 16 hour Bundle will meet all CE requirements needed by salespersons to renew their license.
- All real estate BROKERS in Virginia must take 24 hours of continuing education every two years in order to renew their license. You must renew your license by the anniversary of your initial licensure date.
- Included in the 24 hours must be 3 hours of Ethics and Conduct, 2 hours of Fair Housing, 1 hour of Legal Updates, 1 hour of Agency, 1 hour of Contracts, and 8 hours of Broker Management*. The remaining 8 hours may be elective courses approved by the Board.
- Certificates of completion should be maintained for your records.
- PDH Academy will report your completed course hours to the Virginia Real Estate Board within 2 business days.
- The following regulations apply for online continuing education courses:
- All correspondence final exams must be passed with a score of at least 75%.
- If the final exam is not passed on the first attempt, the exam may be retaken.
- For more information on renewing a real estate license in Virginia, please visit the Virginia Real Estate Board’s website: http://www.dpor.virginia.gov/boards/real-estate/
*Effective Jan. 1, 2019, two (2) of the eight (8) hours of Broker Management & Agent Supervision must include an overview of broker supervision requirements.
Questions or Concerns? Contact PDH Academy at (888)564-9098 or email@example.com